3i Workshop, Session 2
On good practices by Sister NZ, BMP Class of 10/17
I think that, as mothers, we often feel tired and that sometimes to grow spiritually, we feel it is a luxury that we can’t afford between our schedules. Thanks to Sis Z for sharing the adhkar they have reminded me of this verse:
“Those who believe, and their hearts find satisfaction in the rememberance of Allah: By remembering Allah, truly satisfaction comes to the heart.” (Surah ar-Ra’d, 13:28)
I have learnt a lot thru the sharing sessions:
1. Surah At-Takathur presented by Sister J is terrific… MasyaAllah. I’ll be using her ideas to implement it on my to-do project during the holidays for my bigger kids by doing Quran lapbooks. I personally feel children are easily distracted as they get older thru social media, friends, etc. And as mentioned by her, people desire to have more and more. A reminder for our children (and us) to be grateful and share with others what Allah has blessed us with.
2. Sister N’s idea of getting the kids involved in volunteering is one way to show our gratitude. We’ve never tried that before as a family and I feel it would be an excellent way to bond as a family. For me, getting my kids of different age groups to do a project together is a challenge, so volunteering is one of those activities that everyone can get involved.
Somebody (forgive me cos I have forgotten who) mentioned the hadith:
Abu Huraira (رضي الله عنه) reported: The Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, “Take up good deeds only as much as you are able, for the best deeds are those done regularly even if they are few.”
3. Sister H’s take on Al-Fajr on how she is trying to get her daughter to perform Salat ul Fajr is… MasyaAllah. I do need help in that area myself. 😁 May Allah help me and all of us to be steadfast in our salah. That is when the niyyah to wake up for tahajjud and perform salat ul Fajr is important.
4. I also had never thought of role playing for Surah Al-Alaq (using blankets, cushions, etc. for caves). We have been building a lot of pillow and blanket forts at home and this is a 👍 idea.
5. When my children have fun, they retain the information so much faster like how Sis ZZ showed how she incorporated vocabulary games for Surah Ash-Shams.
6. Sister P also mentioned that she wanted to expand on Surah Al-Alaq. I think it is an awesome surah to touch on the creation of mankind before going in depth into Surah Maryam like what Sister F has shared.